Welcome to the Provision Trade Federation Website
Provision Trade Federation (PTF) is the trade association for companies of all sizes involved in trading in provisions, such as dairy products of all kinds, including cheese, butter, milk powders, yogurt and other dairy desserts; bacon and ham and canned foods.
The combined turnover of our membership in these products exceeds £5 billion at UK retail prices.
PTF is unique in promoting the interests of importers and exporters of provisions as well as UK processors and retailers. We support free trade.
What does PTF do?
It seeks to inform and protect members’ revenue by:-
- Providing member-only vital market and other information needed to keep pace with fast-moving developments affecting the trade in provisions
- Providing a channel of communication between the membership and Government and other influential organisations, particularly important in a crisis
- Maintaining a high profile for the provision trade in the UK and overseas
- Informing members of threats and opportunities
- Providing a forum for discussion
- Organising functions including seminars and our famous Annual Dinner
EU Report on Zoonoses and Foodborne Outbreaks
The above report reveals that campylobacteriosis cases in humans have increased in the past five years in the EU, as have cases of verocytotoxin-producing Escherichia coli (VTEC). In contrast, human salmonellosis has continued on the significant downward trend observed since 2007. Listeriosis levels are fairly static.
27 Feb 2014 18:45
Please note that next year's PTF Annual Dinner will be held on 27 February 2014.